- fresh box of crayons...or finding a like new crayon at the bottom of the tub
- bouquet of dandelions from your favorite little stinker
- birthday cupcakes...bonus is sneaking an extra one at naptime
- busy days where you never look at the clock...wow...fun filled days zip by!
- no runny noses
- HUGE block structures that no one knocks down
- butterflies and ladybugs on the playground
- chocolate milk
- peanut butter balls for snack...with orange juice
- Scholastic book deliveries
- Valentine's Day exchange
- finding enough money for a candy bar from the vending machine...then the vending machine dispensing two for the price of one!
- taco salad for lunch
- finding the right size of extra pants for someone in need
- discovering a "fossil" rock on the playground
- a nature walk that includes a surprise...snake, golf ball, construction equipment, dead bird
- a nature walk that doesn't include a surprise rainshower
- listening to the "Three Bears" and "Goldilocks" in the dramatic play center
- a no-bandaid-day
- stickers! (Still makes my day...my college students still get stickers!)
- donated cardboard appliance boxes
- a visit from a new baby brother or sister
- hearing, "Please stop, I don't like it when you take my blocks" instead of hearing the thud of a unit block hitting a head followed by crying
- paint that washes out
- watching the first snow fall...the hushed wonder...the excitement...and my sore back from lifting kiddos to see out the window...what really made a happy day was the set of stairs my hubby made for my classroom!
- baby birds hatching in their nest tucked into the playground equipment
- a no jacket kind of day
- hugs from my little friends
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Our preschool program reopens for the spring semester next week. We all have high hopes for another wonderful semester...which causes me to reflect back on those days when I was in the classroom...you know those days when at the end of the day you took a breath and realized what a good day it had been. This post is simply a random mess of the moments that made for a good day in preschool.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
We are just around the corner from another new semester...for both my college kiddos and the preschool kiddos. The courses I teach change each semester with the exception of my early childhood curriculum course...which I know I shouldn't have favorites...but it is my favorite class to teach. In this class we look and learn about all the developmental domains and create activities for preschool children to fit within a play based developmentally appropriate curriculum. See...it sounds like fun doesn't it? And to add to the fun factor...the students have to enroll in a practicum experience in our preschool lab.